[compiz] Troubles running compiz

Diego González dggonz at gmail.com
Thu May 1 18:38:31 PDT 2008

Hi,

I don't know if this is the proper forum to ask this kind of
questions, so, if it is not, please point me to the proper mailing
list if there is any ...

So, after a lot of troubles and tribulations i got compiz to finally
load and not crash my drivers, i'm using a Dell D610 laptop with an
ATI mobility radeon X300.
At first sight it seems that everything is working just ok, i get my
window decations loaded and nothing crashes :-D, but, if i try any
keybindings, if i try to move or resize the windows, it wont work, i
don't know what the problem might be. I'm using compiz from GIT as of
today and this is the command i'm using to launch it:

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
 compiz.real --ignore-desktop-hints --replace core glib gconf decoration

I suspect it is a configuration problem (as i can minimize, maximize
the windows by click on the proper window icons and i can also
maximize/unmaximeze with windows by double clicking on the window
title), but i don't know what i should do to fix it, if you could
point me to the thing that i'm doing wrong i would appreciate it very
much.

Diego