[compiz] Java animations, Google Earth flashing with Compiz enabled

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed May 14 11:29:35 PDT 2008

On May 03, 08 20:48:38 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Adam, where can I read about XGL and AIGLX in a way that someone who
> is not a CS major would understand? I make an effort to understand how
> things work, and I know to STFW and RTFM but I cannot find entry level
> information. Thanks, and sorry to ask the basic silly question, but
> I'm having a hard time finding info on my own.

I would suggest reading some of my articles on http://www.mshopf.de/pub.html

I think the LinuxTag article
  http://www.vis.uni-stuttgart.de/~hopf/pub/LinuxTag2007_compiz_NextGenerationDesktop_Paper.pdf

is probably the most complete. Don't get desperate when you see Figure 3,
though ;-)  It's not completely necessary for understanding.

HTH

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __