[compiz] The future of Compiz

Michael Vogt mvo at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 5 08:52:36 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 01:09:09PM +0100, Kristian Lyngstol wrote:
> Where are we going?
>
> It's time to start thinking ahead and really figure out how to make Compiz
> survive, specially in lieu of Dennis' suggestion.

I agree that its good to step back and discuss about the future
directions (especially with the compiz++ branch available now).

> The reality is that there has been the equivalent of no progress since the
> merge. We've basically only been in maintenance mode. The reason for this,
> from my point of view, is a complete lack of direction and leadership.
[..]

I guess that depends on how "progress" is definied. I personally think
that the compiz project made a lot of progress since the merge in key
areas that matter to the user like window managment, desktop
integration, plugins or configuration. Sure, its maintainance, but its
still very important.

Cheers,
 Michael