[compiz] _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS hint (YAY!!)

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Thu Jan 29 14:05:01 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Danny Baumann <dannybaumann at web.de> wrote:

> [snippity]
> >         > Also, I'm not quite familiar with the Compiz release
> >         schedule yet...
> >         > does anyone know what released Compiz version will have
> >         > _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS in it and when that will happen?
> >         Is there
> >         > any chance it can make it into the next released stable
> >         version?
> >

> >         If we can solve the regression above, I see no reason not to
> >         pick this
> >         change into the 0.8 branch. I even think we _should_ pick it,
> >         because
> >         some distros are likely to stay with 0.8 (once it's released)
> >         for a
> >         while.
> >
> > Yeah, I definitely agree, and that's what I'm hoping for too. Right
> > now, we have a bunch of folks internally who just can't use Compiz
> > with Workstation/Player and this would bring Compiz back to being a
> > first class WM for VMware users. =:) Do you know when 0.8 is being
> > tentatively planned for release?
>
> Heh, see parallel thread "The future of compiz" :-/
> I definitely want to see it out of the door before the next round of
> distro updates.

Hey Danny, I just wanted to follow up on this again. All testing I've done
shows this works, and I've addressed the problem that this revealed in
VMware Workstation. I just did a git pull and I still don't see this hint in
the compiz-0.8 branch and I wanted to check in with you and see if we could
get it put in there and included in the 0.8 release?

Thanks again!! =:)

--
-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-