[compiz] CompRect modification

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Sun Mar 1 22:54:37 PST 2009

Hi,

>         > Me and Dennis Kasprzyk changed CompRect to be more intuitive
>         and easily
>         > replace XRectangle use.
>         >
>         > This patch changes CompRect and whole Core.
>         >
>         > Thanks for attention.

Personally, I'd like to see x1/y1/x2/y2 instead of
left/top/right/bottom. The reason is that while left etc. is the
somewhat clearer term, x1 etc. is the more commonly used term for
defining rectangles.

It would also be nice if you could make your patch conform to compiz
coding style (e.g. only 80 characters per line, && operators on multiple
lines aligned etc.)

>         For those who are concerned, the plugins that use CompRect (or
>         XRectangle) are:
>          * Tile
>          * Maximumize
>          * Put
>          * Wall
>          * Snap
>          * ExtramWM?

What Sam forgot here is place.cpp, which also heavily uses XRectangle
and BOX. I'll convert it to CompRect as soon as CompRect has settled.

> But, what about BOX usage? Should we replace it by CompRect right?

I think we definitely should. After all, BOX also defines a rectangle,
it's just using a slightly different way of describing them compared to
XRectangle.

Regards,

Danny