[compiz] Compositing Manager Crash over XDMCP on .8.2.1 on Archlinux?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri May 1 12:49:14 PDT 2009

Danny, Kristian, All,

	First let me tell you guys whatever you are doing with compiz, keep it up!
It's looking great!

	I have a new error on ArchLinux when running compiz 0.8.2.1 that I have never
seen before. I installed Archlinux on 2 boxes to check it out. One on a x86_64
box with the nvidia driver (no problems there) and one on an i686 box with
onboard intel video.

	When connecting over XDMCP to the x86_64 box, there is no problem at all (I
haven't tried compiz or compositing over xdmcp, but I get no error). On the
i686 box, same setup, I get an error that says "Compositing Manger Crashed
twice in... seconds disabling.." See:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/ksplash-compositing-crash.i686.png

	I'm just guessing, but the only thought I had was it must be something related
to Nomad, so I thought I would pass it along and offer to run any additional
tests, etc.. that you guys might want to see off the Arch box in case it would
help.

	Let me know, Thanks.

P.S. Hope some of the ripples in the compiz pond have settled. Growth is always
difficult, but you guys have a great thing going here, keep the faith!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC