[compiz] small bug in 8.6 commands - grab key doesn't close after <Alt><Super><Sys_Req> + Other good feedback

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu May 20 15:57:05 PDT 2010

Guys,

	Here is a little something to look at in the code. I have the following set:

Run command 1:  /opt/kde3/bin/ksnapshot			<Super>Print
Run command 2:  /opt/kde3/bin/ksnapshot --current	<Alt><Super><Sys_Req>

	The bug occurs when you choose 'Grab key combination' for
<Alt><Super><Sys_Req>. When you enter the keystroke, the keystroke is clearly
accepted/interpreted by the grab key combination routine, but the little
rectangle that says "Please enter the new key combination" does not close after
the key combination is entered. See the screenshot:

(20k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/compiz/altsupersysreq.jpg

	This is most likely because of some of the 'ok, I got it' code doesn't
recognize the Sys_Req key, but the code that actually 'gets' the key combination
is perfectly happy with it.

	As a workaround, all I did was manually close the dialog and the key
combination works fine. Everything else is working fine too. I'm still messing
with the timestep, but it is working pretty good. It might be worth looking at
what controls the number of revolutions per x-y distance of mouse motion.
Everything else is beautiful with the default settings. ( I always change a few
others for taste, but nothing wrong with the present defaults) Oops, I take that
back, the default deformation of cylinder with a zoom value of '0' does not
work. I don't know how the default deformation is chosen, but if the default
will always be a cylinder on a new install, then the zoom needs to be set at
40-50% (.4000-.5000) to keep the cylinder from having the "In your face" look on
rotation.

	The only other request I have outstanding is whether I can adjust the aspect
ratio of the cylinder. In 8.6, it looks much more like a hockey-puck than a can.
See the following comparison of 8.2 versus 8.6 screenshots:

(8.2 - 100k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/img/ss/compiz/compiz82_shots-00.jpg
(8.2 - 56k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/img/ss/compiz/comiz-darkredplanet.jpg

(8.6 - 64k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/img/ss/compiz/cmpiz-8.6-rot_03.jpg

	In the past, the sphere ratio controlled the cylinder also, now it has no
effect and you are just stuck with the default cylinder aspect ratio. I would
prefer to be able to add a little height to make it look more like what is shown
in the 8.2 screenshots above. It wouldn't take too much, probably another 15-20%
in height would do. This also cuts down on the amount of zoom required to have
the cylinder fit nicely in the window. Any ideas how I can adjust the cylinder
aspect ratio? I have tried about every setting I can think of and I haven't been
able to change the ratio at all...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC