[compiz] Shelf plugin ignores current deformation and places window only on 'cube' face during rotation?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon May 31 13:30:33 PDT 2010

Guys,

	Here is a potential bug that may need to be looked at. If the scale plugin is
used and deformation is set to cylinder, then when the desktop is rotated, the
self-sized windows are shown on the face of the cube instead of on the face of
the cylinder. The sphere deformation has the same problem. It looks really odd.
Here are a couple of screenshots showing this behavior:

(1) screenshot of desktop showing windows shelved (102k):

    http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/compiz/scale-on-cube-only_01.jpg

(2) screenshot of cylinder rotation showing shelved windows still on cube face
and not on cylinder face (95k)

    http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/compiz/scale-on-cube-only_02.jpg

(3) screenshot of sphere rotation with shelved windows:

    http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/compiz/scale-on-cube-only_03.jpg

	This is with the compiz 8.6 rpms from Dmitry on opensuse 11.0. I suspect it
doesn't matter what OS it is running on. Let me know if I can run any additional
test for you. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC