[compiz] multiscreen

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jan 10 05:09:51 PST 2013

On 13-01-09 05:59 PM, Vojtech Kral wrote:
> Hello Brian,

Hi Vojtech,

>   I actually use compiz on multi-screen for development at work.
> I solve this problem by moving my web browser window to the other screen
> and _make it sticky_.

Yeah.  I do utilize "sticky" also with my IM/IRC window so that it's on
every workspace.  I consider that a special case application though and
would still like the ability to switch workspaces on multiple screens
independently of each other.

This is a feature I quite happily give up the ability to move windows
from one screen to the other for.  I have little use for that.

> That way, no matter to what desktop I move,
> the browser window stays visible on the other screen.

Indeed.  Ditto for my IM/IRC application.

b.