[compiz] Accessibility: mouse guides for Compiz, and forthcoming contributions

Luca Saiu lsaiu at hypra.fr
Tue Mar 31 09:46:54 PDT 2015

Hello Stephen, and thanks for your feedback.

On 2015-03-30 at 14:07, Stephen M. Webb wrote:

> If you're unfamiliar with bzr I can do that for you, but there may
> be delays as I try to find the time.

I know the basics of bzr but I've never worked with branches; I'll try
and get back to you in case of problems.

By the way, shall I write to this list or to dev at lists.compiz.org when
speaking of development?  I'm temporarily including them both.

> Gconf support in compizconfig was deprecated a couple of years ago and was
> supposed to have been removed in favour of a
> gsettings back end using dconf.  Gsettings is used by Ubuntu's Unity desktop, so
> it should be well-supported.

I am a little confused about this since I'm seeing a different behavior
(on debian), but it's not directly relevant to the two features I've
developed up to this point; I've just added options and let compiz save
them like any other, and indeed it does.

>> Another patch containing a new plugin for mouse cursor themes is
>> forthcoming.

> Nice.

That's a long story.  I'm writing a separate message.

Regards,

--
Luca Saiu
Hypra team (Accessible website in construction)