[compiz] Fwd: Compiz bug tracker website has strange SSL certificate

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb at canonical.com
Sat May 30 09:48:18 PDT 2015

On 15-05-30 09:28 AM, Christopher M. Penalver wrote:
> Dear compiz community:
>
> I wanted to advise that as the SSL certificate for the compiz
> bugtracker https://bugs.compiz.org appears incorrect. What I would
> have expected besides not getting a security error, is that the Issued
> To Common Name to be one of the following:
> *.compiz.org
> bugs.compiz.org
>
> Also, the http version of the bugtracker appears non-functional,
> correlating to this SSL certificate issue.

You will find most of the information at compiz.org years out of date and the subdomains nonfunctional.  The people who
run those domains do not seem interested in maintaining them or in offers of service to co-maintain them, making them
effectively no different than cybersquatters at this point.

Bug tracking for the actively-maintained Compiz 0.9 series (the one accounting for about 90% of the installation out
there) can be found at https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz where I notice you've reported bugs.  A few individuals
maintain their own forks of the Compiz 0.8 series, but none have formal bug trackers or published support channels.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb at canonical.com>