[ConsoleKit] Multi-Seat branch

Marcelo Boveto Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 12:34:03 PDT 2009

Hi,

I maintain FreeNX on Ubuntu and I created a new project for replacing it.
Seems that some integration work I am doing for the Session Manager will
become obsolete with the multi-seat branch. So I want to support this new
ConsoleKit directly.

I have a few questions about this branch:
 - Is the multi-seat branch compatible with master? I mean, it will break
    my desktop because of api change?
 - What are the plans for supporting remote sessions?
 - Seems that the ConsoleKit will invoke the Xserver for the Session Leader,
    the Xserver will run as root or it can be runned using the session owner
user too?
 - ConsoleKit will invoke the session too?

This week I will try to install it to take a look.

Regards,
Shima