[ConsoleKit] Some questions.

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Mon Nov 2 06:30:53 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm using CK version 0.3.1, and it works like it should.
I'm using the construction to run scipts when a session is added and
when it's removed.

Now, I see there is a new version, 0.4.1, and I see that apart from the
/etc/ConsoleKit/run-session.d construction,
the new version also runs scripts when a seat is added, removed or the
active session of a seat is changed.

For my understanding, there is only one session active in one seat??
When I login in my KDE system, there is Session1, for me at Seat1.
Now when I login from a shell within KDE to root using su, a session is
added, Session3, at the same seat.
Huh... I know they have the same seat (well keyboard, mouse and screen
as I understand), but they should both be marked as active.
Now only one is marked active, and this suprises me.

And, when I enter ck-list-sessions from within my root console, the
session for this user (Session3) is still marked as inactive, while I'm
typing in it.

Is this right??

Stef Bon