[ConsoleKit] USB seats & ConsoleKit

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Fri Sep 18 10:33:39 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm emailing about some peripheral work that's happening on recent distros,
but not yet integrated with the latest ConsoleKit work, but hopefully will
ultimately.

It's support for USB seats that automatically launch gdmdynamic instances on
arrival via udev rules.  Background and all the code to do it are at
http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/MultiSeatTerminal

This type of solution is going to be demoed and discussed at a Birds of a
Feather session at next week's Linux Plumbers conference:
http://linuxplumbersconf.org/ocw/proposals/110<consolekit@lists.freedesktop.org>
This session is being held Wed afternoon:
http://linuxplumbersconf.org/2009/schedule/

So, in addition to just saying "hi" and expressing hopes for future
integration of things, two questions:

 * Looking at the USB seat stuff (and it's not complicated), are there any
recommendations or advice we should be thinking about sooner rather than
later?
 * For the BoF session - it would be wonderful to have someone involved with
ConsoleKit to come on stage to represent - no need to present or do
anything, other than participate in Q&A and discussion.  If there could be
anyone, please feel free to email a recommendation or offer to volunteer -
I'll try to sort it out if there are multiple people.  Unfortunately - the
conference is full so it'll have to be someone who happens to be going
anyway.  Sorry for the late notice on this, the BoF session was just
submitted and approved a few days ago. :)

And any other feedback is always welcome.

Best wishes,
Bernie

Bernie Thompson
Plugable Technologies