[ConsoleKit] consolekit userid session counters

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Fri Feb 26 03:40:42 PST 2010

On Friday 26 February 2010 11:16:30 you wrote:
> Stef Bon wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 February 2010 12:53:53 Martin Vogt wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>
> >> is there a mechanism in consolekit which counts the number
> >> of session for a user?
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'ts able to start scripts via the at daemon or directly.
> > It's using some configuration files, so it may look complicated, but
> > you'll get the idea I hope.
>
> Thanks.
> Your mail havent had the url in it but it was easy to find
> it with google :)
>
> http://linux.bononline.nl/linux/runsessionscripts/
>

> Martin

Yes sorry, I just reread the mail and just wanted to add the url.

I also want to add the following:

with Upstart things are getting much more easier and better. When a session
starts, there should be a event trigger send to upstart init, with the name
"session-started" . This should start the desired session.... ssh, kde, normal
login. My point is that they should not be started by kdm or login itself, but
by upstart...

Now when there is an event session-started, with the right
parameters/configuration, everything to start the session properly should
follow. From the system point of view this is so much better than having
various applications starting the session: one central point.

Now to get back to your problem, the script you're having should also start
after the session-started event, (something like "start on ...")
and everything is running like it should.

Stef Bon