[ConsoleKit] Permissions with consolekit and gdm

Christoph Pleger Christoph.Pleger at cs.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Jul 2 00:44:27 PDT 2010

Hello,

> It's probably udev which re-sets the permissions to the configured
> setting when something changes and a device event is handled.

With my configuration, pam_devperm.so does not change the permissions
of device nodes that are acted upon by udev, except during the boot
process. On my machine, pam_devperm.so only changes ownerships of
device nodes that are always present after booting has finished, for
example /dev/dsp. After booting, no udev event happens for this
device, so I do not believe that udev has anything to do with my
problem.

Additionally, like I wrote, the problem only occurs if consolekit
is installed and gdm is used as display manager. It does not occur
if consolekit is not installed and it does not occur if consolekit
is installed and for example kdm is used as display manager.

Regards
  Christoph