[ConsoleKit] Open several gdm login screens

Brian Cameron brian.cameron at oracle.com
Tue Jul 6 08:59:35 PDT 2010

Lucas:

Note that the ConsoleKit seats.d files need to specify Seat
Entry/Sessions like this:

      Seat Entry/Sessions=Local

          List of sessions to start on the seat, separated by  the
          ";"  character.   Each session must be defined in a Con-
          soleKit     session     configuration     file     named
          /etc/ConsoleKit/sessions.d/sessions.session  where  ses-
          sions is the value of this key.

So, the Sessions value should probably be just set to "Local".  In
other words, you want these displays to use the session type defined in
the /etc/ConsoleKit/sessions.d/Local.session file.

Also, note that for MultiSeat to work, your Xserver needs to be
configured to support multiple displays.  So, if it is not working
you should check your Xorg log files in /var/log and in /var/log/gdm
to see if there is any useful error or warning messages.

Also, you can run console-kit-daemon with the --debug option to get
extra ConsoleKit debug output sent to the end of your syslog file
(/var/log/messages or /var/adm/messages depending on your system).

To get extra GDM debug output, edit the /etc/gdm/custom.conf file
and add "Enable=true" after the line that reads "[debug]" so it
looks like this:

[debug]
Enable=true

Then restart GDM or reboot.  Once you do this, you should find GDM
debug messages at the end of your syslog file.

If you continue to have problems, then it would be helpful to provide
such additional debug logs which might help us to understand what might
not be working properly.

Brian