[CREATE] [OT] fonts

Nicu Buculei nicu at nicubunu.ro
Wed Aug 17 23:09:50 PDT 2005

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is probably an offtopic here, but after searching for some public
> domain OpenType fonts I thought that probably it would be a goof idea
> to extend openclipart.org to free (as in speech) and public domain
> fonts.
>
> What's your opinion?

We talked at OCAL about this (Rejon is a strong supporter of the fonts
collection, see his blog for multiple references) and the conclusion was
something like: this is a very good idea, but is out of the scope of
OCAL (which better should remain focused), so the best thing would be to
create a *new* project, hosted on its own domain.
Once the DMS for OCAL will be ready it can be used for the
infrastructure of this new project.
We have so far just only one font (Tribal, by Benji Park) and not very
much time for the new project, so is no rush, but will be a good idea to
have at least the domain name reserved.

--
nicu