[CREATE] Shared resources release (finally)

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Dec 9 16:20:17 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 00:44 +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Saturday 10 December 2005 00:08, Jon Phillips wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 00:05 +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Shared resources tarball is uploaded for your pleasure, packaging and
> > > reuse:
> > >
> > > http://create.freedesktop.org/releases/create/create-0.1.3.tar.bz2
> > >
> > > SCons build system is courtesy of Craig Bradney. Many thanks, MrB ;-)
> > >
> > > If anyone has a mojo to write a PR, please do so.
> > > If anyone has resources to provide a Windows installer, I'll be glad
> > > to test and upload.
> > > If anyone can point me to a howto cobering creation of GPG signature
> > > to sign packages... You know what to do :)
> >
> > Cool, I'm glad you released this. I wish you would've given a heads up
> > to us all for check off...
>
> One would think we haven't been pushing to get some sort of input for well
> over a month now, or asking for any assistance with an install system.
>
> However, as noone could be bothered, we did.
>
> I can't say that 0.1.3 is anything spectacular, however, create is so far
> simply a collection of organised files moving towards some kind of standard -
> in that I think it is an achievement.

This is true....My statement is not to discourage, but rather just more
along the lines of a simple, "hey, I'm going to release this by the end
of the day, so if there are any problems with this package, please say
so, and also if we need PR, please write..."

I think just one day of freeze and checking of the package and fixing
anything on the PR and packaging side would be beneficial in the future.

> Lets keep pushing along and see whats missing from it, what can be improved
> and please remember, if we have to make a new version every day for the next
> year, it makes no difference to the status of the project - ie, that of
> collaboration and an attempt to make all things better for the creative OSS
> apps out there.

Agree again...yes, much more important to get this out...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA