[CREATE] Tango and Create Collaboration

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Dec 10 16:01:32 PST 2005

Andreas, I figure this is the best place to start this new thread.

How can the Create Project and Tango Project best work together. I think
we should be clear about to not muddy up the interoperability space.

It seems to me that Tango is working on overall user interface for OSS:
"The Tango Desktop Project exists to create a consistent user experience
for free and Open Source software with graphical user interfaces."

Thus, the Create Project's goal is to work on sharing between Open
Source "Creative" applications. Part of this is a shared infrastructure
between applications.

Thus, I propose that the Create Project affiliates with the Tango
Project with regards to the consisten user experience, especially the
GUI, etc. Then, in return, the Tango Project supports our Shared
Resources Spec.

Also, we should link our respective sites on the main page to increase
traffic.

Does this sound like a good start to affiliation?

CREATE FOLK: I think it is great to work with Tango on this level so
that we can push interface and GUI changes upstream, and where our needs
become too specific, we can build upon their work.

Also, I think it would be good to add into our spec full support for
STOCK ITEMS in GTK. However, how does this effect other toolkits?

Jon

NOTE: Andreas, could you forward this to the Tango Project list please.

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894