[CREATE] spam

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 26 07:10:35 PDT 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 14:26, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 10/24/05, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> > I'm not sure. Maybe you could research on the web how to combat spammers
> > in using mediawiki. I'm sure others have written on it.
> >
> > I really don't want to have to close the site from anonymous people who
> > might post...no need for that barrier for participation.
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Anti-spam_Features has some useful
> information.
>
> Could somebody with PHP skills (I have none) please have a look at it?

1. Bad Behavior extension to MediaWiki:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bad_Behavior

2. SpamBlacklist extension:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SpamBlacklist_extension

I've just put both of those on the Scribus wiki and we wait to see how it
goes. Other than that, theres 1 or 2 captcha options available or coming.

Craig