[CREATE] Create project and 64 Studio distribution

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Sat Oct 29 01:57:53 PDT 2005

Hi Alexandre,

> > I've just been reading about Create on freedesktop.org.
>
> This means that Dave Philips hasn't forwarded my 2 months old
> letter to lad@ yet, right? :)

I don't think we can blame Dave - unfortunately I don't get the time
to read all the high-traffic mailing lists...

> I think that if you are not planning to take part in development of
> involved applications

It's true that we are not directly involved in application development
at the moment, but we are doing some integration work and reporting
bugs that we find.

> I would really like seing freely available copy/paste of pcm
> audio between applications (say, ReZound and Ardour).

There might have to be an upper limit on clipboard size. Just last
week I was working on a 1.9GB WAV file in Audacity, and I wouldn't
like to have to copy and paste that...

Another area you might like to consider for the shared resources
specification is font handling.

Cheers!

Daniel