[CREATE] status page

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Feb 10 19:09:58 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 01:30 +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Friday 27 January 2006 15:06, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just created a tiny status page on support for Shared Resources
> > spec [1] and filled it with information I know. Feel free to update :)
> >
> > [1]
> > http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Shared_resources_spec_support_
>
> I've just had a question regarding our colour storage.. so now I'm wondering
> if anyone has bothered to push create into any distros?

I have not done this yet, because we have not done a huge full release.

> It may be young and the build system be my first scons build, but.. have we
> all gotten bored and given up.. or?

I think the project is young and we have all been busy. Never bored
though!

I've personally been super-tied up with working at Creative Commons and
teaching at San Francisco Art Institute, but I want to get on track with
Create prior to the Libre Graphics Meeting conference so that we can all
chat there about the project, overlap, etc. Thus, hopefully we can do a
big release here before the end of FEBRUARY to launch the project and
seek inclusion in distros.

Check out the conference:
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/

BTW, who will be in attendance at this event? We should have a CREATE
session on the Sunday of this conference to plan how to move forward,
etc.

Thoughts?

Back onto the release, can we take another pass at the project and aim
to get out 0.2.0 release? I have updated the roadmap:

http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Roadmap

Could you all take some time to add thoughts on the roadmap? Who is on
this list anyway and willing to step up and help with this?

Also, please file any bugs and feature requests:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?product=create

Alexandre, do we still need SVN setup for the project in order to host
the in-progress package? I'll look into this after you confirm...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA