[CREATE] Re: [Inkscape-devel] Save as XCF with layers

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 11:53:49 PST 2006

On 3/2/06, Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 18:42 +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > On 2/22/06, Aaron Spike wrote:
> > > I know this has been mentioned before. Some people think it would be
> > > handy to save an SVG file from Inkscape as an XCF maintaining layers.
> >
> > There is a discussion on common multilayered raster images exchange
> > format in gimp-developer@ today. The plan seems to be introducing
> > another OpenDocument file format. As for developers, at least
> > Boudewijn Rempt from Krita team is about to take part.
> >
> > Is any of Inkscape's developers interested to take part in such a file format?
>
> How can Create Project participate?

Since CREATE is meant to be place where developers meet, it has basic
infrastructure to work on spec draft (ML,wiki, etc) to be submitted to
OASIS.

I created http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/General_multilayered_bitmap_exchange_format
just 10 minutes or so before OpenDocument was mentioned. If anyone has
better suggestions, please stand up high and speak loudly :)

Alexandre