[CREATE] OpenDocument. Was: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop PSD 6 format Spec / Gimp XCF format Spec

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 12:16:31 PST 2006

On 3/2/06, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Okay, so it turned out that I was still subscribed under an old email address,
> but my mailers sends everyone with the current one. Anyway, my fault, and I
> would like to thank Manish for helping me out of my bewilderment. What I
> wanted to propose & work on after my 1.5 release is the following:
>
> Cooperating on get an OpenDocument specification for layered raster images
> done and into the OASIS OpenDocument standard. Krita would use that format
> for its native format, of course, as all of KOffice is moving to
> OpenDocument.
> I'm prepared to do most of the writing & nagging of David Faure about
> procedures and guidelines, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to do it all on
> my own.

As an addition, here is how development of OASIS standards happens:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

We have a month and a half before KOffice 1.5 is out, so we plenty of
time to sit down and think what exactly we want, make full list of
features and then xmlschema or relaxng them :)

Vector graphics related work is already mostly done thanx to the guys
who did OpenDocument Drawing, which is great. I hope that Scribus
developers will take part because they mught have excellent knowledge
of OpenDocument formats having implemented support for it.

Alexandre