[CREATE] Re: create package

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Apr 20 11:52:17 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 07:42 +0200, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> |--==> Jon Phillips writes:
>
>   JP> On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 12:07 +0100, Daniel James wrote:
>   >>Hi Alexandre,
>   >>
>   >>>>  From a distro point of view, is there any point in us making a Debian
>   >>>> package of these shared resources, at this stage? Would any of the apps
>   >>>> be able to take advantage of it yet?
>   >>>
>   >>> Scribus, Inkscape and Krita, at least
>   >>
>   >>Thanks for the info, we'll keep this on our to-package list. Would you
>   >>like to suggest a suitable package name? How about:
>   >>
>   >>create-resources
>   >>
>   >>There is already an unrelated package in Debian called 'createrepo'.
>   >>
>   >>Cheers!
>   >>
>   >>Daniel
>
>   JP> Sure, or just create ;) Let's take the namespace :)
>
> Done :) Browse http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html and search for "create"..
>
>   JP> Yes, note, you can checkout the latest from our repo and make a patch so
>   JP> we can autobuild debian packages. Would you do this?
>
>   JP> http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/SVN (create module)
>
> You just need to add this ./debian directory to the tree:
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/demudi/create/trunk/debian/?rev=0&sc=0
>
> and run dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
>
> Ciao!
>
> Free

Thanks Free! Is there anything we need to add to our package to let
people know about the location of this debian package? This is quite
newsworthy!

Also, is there any technical infrastructure we need to add to our
package to make debian packaging easy?

Would you and/or anyone else like to add packaging for other distros?

Alexandre, this is quite newsworthy, right! Can you help us spread the
news about this?

I guess we should gear up and do a release with full on press. Alexandre
and others, what version number should we bump to? We could do a release
and also launch the creat logo compeition with end-date of LGM, so we
can pick a logo for the project, right?

Thoughts?

Jon

--