[CREATE] Lens correction database

Andrew Zabolotny zap at homelink.ru
Thu Aug 23 11:55:58 PDT 2007

From Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:27:48 +0200
Gerhard Kulzer <gerhard at kulzer.net> wrote:

> I have a seemingly stupid question: If we settled for the 5th order
> model but used the 4th order data until our DB would fill up, then we
> also can used the fast 3rd order preview mode? Since the 3rd order is
> available in both models.
The fast algorithm can be implemented only for the

rd = k1 * ru^5 + k2 * ru^3

model; a particular case is when k1 == 0 so you have just k2 * ru^3.
However I don't quite get it how you're going to get the 3rd or 5th
order "fast" model from 4th order data... Keep in mind that this is an
incomplete 5rd order polynom, e.g. fast implementation is possible only
if in the equation below c4 == c2 == 0:

rd = c5 * ru^5 + c4 * ru^4 + c3 * ru^3 + c2 * ru^2 + c1 * ru

--
Andrew