[CREATE] Fwd: [Gimp-developer] OpenPalette Implementation.

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Dec 1 12:26:52 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 16:13 -0500, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 17:46 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 17:35 -0500, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> > > However, you are correct that at this time, Adobe is still the
> > > "maintainer" of the XMP specification.  We've been in talks with a
> > > variety of standards bodies concerning trying to make it "fully
> > > open", but it's difficult to find one that has expertise in both
> > > metadata and XML, so that it would thrive there and not "die on the
> > > vine".  We're open for any suggestions - especially from those that
> > > would participate in a open standardization process.
> >
> > W3C seems to me a good candidate. They already standardize RDF.
>
> We'd certainly be happy to talk about the possibility of doing
> XMP work at W3C.  We (W3C) don't do "rubber stamping" of specs,
> so there is the liklihood that it would become somewhat changed
> in the process.
>
> Leonard, I'm guessing you know how to get in touch with us via
> your W3C Advisory Committee representative, or feel free to contact
> me directly if I can help.
>
> Liam

I fwd'd this email to the XMP product manager at Adobe, Gunar Penikis,
as well...I'd love to see this happen!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.