[CREATE] LGM 2008

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Sat Jun 2 14:25:21 PDT 2007

On Saturday 02 June 2007 16:59:15 kamila giedrojc wrote:
> Plinnell wrote:
> > As I suggested, before May 15 is usually a good time from the
> > standpoint of airfares. They traditionally rise on of before May 15.
> >
> > For many folks from Europe this is also convenient as there are many
> > long weekends in May.
>
> How about a weekend starting from Friday 9th,10th,11th of May?
> The reason why I suggest this date, is that in Poland we have so called
> 'long weekend' from 1st-4th of May.
> But this not necessary means more people (from Poland) would take part
> in LGM, on contrary most of the people just go on holidays.
> Also on 1st and 3rd everything is closed, and all the airports are quite
> crowded.
>
> However I can understand that it might be more convenient to organize it
> one week before (2-4 May),
> if during this time in other countries there is also a 'long weekend'
> which makes it more easy to come.
>
> > Even with 3 days, the schedule was very tight. Hopefully, we can make
> > it 4 this time.
>
> as for the fourth day, I wonder if it shall be Thursday or Monday?
> I'd rather go for Thursday though

Thursday for sure. Business people that will get sponsorship, or sponsors
themselves will get more chance of going there for a 2 day trip instead of a
weekend where they are away from their families and work with days in two
weeks.

Thu-Sun would be ok IMO.

Either of the first weekends in May would be ok for me, personally.

Craig