[CREATE] twisp.freedesktop.org, OSUOSL and update

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Jun 2 14:57:47 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Our temporary server, twisp.freedesktop.org is up right now. With Josh
Triplett's help (fd.o), twisp is now up and I put redirects in place so
that openclipart.org and openfontlibrary.org traffic is redirected to
the respective wiki's. I also put an alert at the top to explain to
people what is happening.

Also, this means that anyone can contribute to the wiki and/or help us
with what we have.

Currently, the Create Project's entire site, planetplanet, and wiki is
up and running, so let LGM 2008 planning continue!

How to help
===========

Yes, we need to really think about how to increase the bus count of our
open ___ projects. Right now, we are on a temporary box called
twisp.freedesktop.org, until we can be moved to the big mysql cluster
and our own server that google is donating, that OSUOSL will admin.
After this move, we will have root on our own box, and more bandwidth to
add more developers and get some more admins, so this type of downtime
never ever happens again.

Until then, there are three ways that anyone can help out:

1.) Contribute to our engine, ccHost:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/cchost

2.) Contribute to our wikis

3.) Donate money to osuosl: http://osuosl.org/contribute because they
are doing a great job with hosting tons of sites, and we want to make
sure to give them some love!

I'm donating $20 dollars to get this running. You don't have to give
much, even a $1 helps out! Make sure to mention that you are interested
in supporting open clip art library, open font library and/or the Create
Project.

If you want to discuss any of this, we are in #openclipart on
irc.freenode.net.

I'm hopeful that we will get moved onto this infrastructure sometime
next week, as my contact there said they were going to discuss this
yesterday (FRIDAY).

Also, if I can get some time with Josh Triplett today (sson), we are
going to try and get the main Open Clip Art Library and Open Font
Library sites up.

Jon

--
Jon Phillips