[CREATE] OpenRaster, some open points

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 07:41:08 PDT 2007

On 3/13/07, Cyrille Berger wrote:

>  . mask handling, currently, while it's not clearly stated in the draft, masks
> are stored as children nodes of the layer on which they are applied. But a
> second proposition has been made: masks could be handled as a filter layer,

Having mask as filter layer would be awesome. Lately I heard complains
from users that they have to redo mask for every single layer in GIMP.

> - vector layer, tinySVG (see http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/) seems to be
> enough for the need of OpenRaster

But it probably should be customized, because SVG doesn't store color
values in CMYK format, AFAIR.

> - text layer, before considering a solution, we need to think about the use of
> text layer and then the list of "features" we want text layer to have. Beside
> some basic formating like, alignment, fonts and styles (by style I mean
> italic, bold, underline...).

Advanced typography features wouldn't hurt. Manual kerning, caps,
maybe even single glyph rotation (or will it be overkill?). For
italic/bold -- I like bulia's idea on "make bolder/lighter" for fonts
with multiple faces. Or do we allow fake bold fonts?

I'd like to see mrdocs's and LousD's opinions here.

Alexandre