[CREATE] gbr brush format bumped

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Mar 14 06:23:38 PDT 2007

Am 14.03.07, 13:02 +0100 schrieb Michael Schumacher:

> Von: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>
>
> > > the GIMP brush loader code to handle the changed format. But please
> > > don't do this mistake again. Please change the file extension and the
> > > file header and create your own brush format.
>
> > There is technically too less changing as reason for a complete new
> > format. A renaming would not decrease possible confusion.
> > What other benefit should such format bring?
>
> Less confused users. If the brush format they know from two different programs does look to be the same, they will try to use it and wonder why this fails. If it doesn't, then at least the failure can be expected.

Please could you wrap the lines before sending email. Around 74 characters
should be fine. Possibly your email application has a build in mode for
this. Thanks.

What about the users, who dont use eighter of both programms in question.
At least GBR is the sort of thing they have a chance to ask someone or
can search for.

In my understanding there should be a technical reason to build a new
format. With the view on all the variants of defined formats, this is even
more reasonable. Would you sign the creation of such a format yourself?

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
development for color management