[CREATE] gbr brush format bumped

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Mar 15 00:41:55 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 14.03.07, 15:20 +0100 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:

> It allows comments. They can be described and loosely stated as brush
> information, like in a form. Roughly:
>
> # ppm header
> # Create Brush Comment V0.1
> # spacing([%.pixel,...]): 20
> # sequence: 12
> # density: 1.0
> 256 256
> 1. data block starts ...
> 2.
> ..
> 12.
> EOF

It feels a bit like abusing an existing format to use the comments for
pertinent data, but I've got no strong aversion to that.

> > (And maybe in the future, we'll even get some brush format for dynamic
> > brushes such as Cyrille is developing for Krita now and that already
> > exists in mypaint.)
>
> Then the ppm could contain a preview and the dynamic description? Or is it
> more a interpreted brush programm?

Somewhat, yes -- it'll probably be, like it is in Corel Painter, a combination
of images and xml data that defines how the brush works together with tablet
paramenters, canvas structure and other things.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi