[CREATE] Lens correction database

Hubert Figuiere hub at figuiere.net
Thu May 10 16:04:17 PDT 2007

> License:
>
> What kind of license should be used (for the code and more important, the
> database)? A GPL like license to restrict usage to open source software or a
> LGPL like license? Or a non-commercial license? Can code licences be applied
> to databases?

Something like CC-SA. The "SA" (share alike) part is important as it
allow the database itself to be kept open. It should also be DFSG
(Debian Free Software Guidelines) compliant and GPL compatible (ie no
'Non Commercial' clause, as this kind is usualy so fuzzy that it just
penalize Free Software). I don't think GPL can easily apply to such
database, but that give a rough idea of what we need in term of licensing.

Hub