[CREATE] LGM2007 Travel Bursaries

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri May 11 05:27:31 PDT 2007

2007/5/10, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>:

> On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 23:54 +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Before the LGM, I heard that there was the possibility of travel
> > expenses being paid for speakers, but haven't since heard anything,
> > and totally forgot about it while I was there. Is there a procedure to
> > recoup?
>
> Well, the project leads from each major project submitted a spreadsheet.
> You were on the sheet for Open Font Library / Open Clip Art Library.
>
> I'm not sure how this is being handled. Louis?

Hi,

Right. Each team as sent me a list of people for whom travel expenses will
be reimbursed.

We need from each traveller to send me a faxed copy or a PDF of their
e-ticket showing the actual price they payed.

We also need your full mailing address.

As soon as I get all the money from the sponsors (this should not take too
long now... we are in the last stage in the process of getting the money in)
I will be able to make a bunch of international bank draft (IBD) in USD or
EUROS. These IBD will be sent by regular mail.

For some countries where the Banque Nationale du Canada does not have a
correspondent, I will send the money through a Wire Transfer (cost is higher
but this is the only easy way to get the money over there). Namely, these
countries are Brazil, Poland, Russia and Ukraine. From people living in
those countries, I will need, on top of the info needed for everybody, their
banking information. That is :

name of bank and full address
international numbers SWIFT + bank account number or BIC and IBAN numbers,
whichever is used in your country.

As you know, getting the money in from the various financial services of our
sponsors can sometimes take a lot of time and this is out of our control. We
have to be patient. I do expect to have everything settled by the end of
next week.

Cheers!

Louis

Jon