[CREATE] [hugin-ptx] Re: Lens correction database

Jim Watters jwatters at photocreations.ca
Thu May 17 06:43:36 PDT 2007

Hugin also evaluated the quality of the overlap by using a difference
between two overlapping images. We can actually use the histogram of the
difference to evaluate the overall quality of the settings.  An older
version of PTOptimizer actually used this method to determine
correctness instead of control points.  Would require a ghost removal to
eliminate sections to be evaluated. But I would like to see using
histogram of difference as a way to optimize lens distortion at least,
but only between a couple images for speed issues.

Jim

--
Jim Watters

jwatters @ photocreations . ca