[CREATE] LGM 2008

Plinnell mrdocs at scribus.info
Thu May 31 15:13:43 PDT 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Dave Crossland a écrit :
> > On 27/05/07, kamila giedrojc <kamila.giedrojc at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>Now it is the time to decide if everyone really wants the next
> >> LGM to take place in Poland or in the Netherlands?
> >
> > I think Poland sounds perfect! :-)
>
> We have a dedicated team in Poland. We should get this show going
> without delay. Experience can tell that the early steps have lots
> of importance... :)
>
> Experience
>
> (Louis) !!!

Some initial thoughts:

As I suggested, before May 15 is usually a good time from the
standpoint of airfares. They traditionally rise on of before May 15.

For many folks from Europe this is also convenient as there are many
long weekends in May.

Even with 3 days, the schedule was very tight. Hopefully, we can make
it 4 this time.

There are other projects which should be invited to participate and I
think would be worth having: Digikam, Littlecms again, Lprof,
hopefully can come, despite a last minute cancel this year. Those are
just a few off the top of my head.

Once date and location are confirmed:

Getting sponsors comitted and getting the money upfront.

I think Wrocklaw looks great and I am sure we will have a warm welcome
there.

Thanks to Kamila for taking this up. It is a lot of work, but
satisfying for sure.

Cheers,
Peter