[CREATE] Fwd: [Gimp-developer] OpenPalette Implementation.

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Thu Nov 29 13:13:26 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 17:46 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 17:35 -0500, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> > However, you are correct that at this time, Adobe is still the
> > "maintainer" of the XMP specification.  We've been in talks with a
> > variety of standards bodies concerning trying to make it "fully
> > open", but it's difficult to find one that has expertise in both
> > metadata and XML, so that it would thrive there and not "die on the
> > vine".  We're open for any suggestions - especially from those that
> > would participate in a open standardization process.
>
> W3C seems to me a good candidate. They already standardize RDF.

We'd certainly be happy to talk about the possibility of doing
XMP work at W3C.  We (W3C) don't do "rubber stamping" of specs,
so there is the liklihood that it would become somewhat changed
in the process.

Leonard, I'm guessing you know how to get in touch with us via
your W3C Advisory Committee representative, or feel free to contact
me directly if I can help.

Liam