[CREATE] What is a "swatch" ?

Jon A. Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Tue Oct 16 09:44:34 PDT 2007

On Oct 14, 2007, at 4:52 AM, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> * "color palette" : in [1] we have two propositions with no
> objection/weakness
> (F and G), so unless someone raise objection to either or both
> before the end
> of the month, I suggest we move on to use them as a base for the
> specification

In moving forward with those, we might want to cover what types of
color spec to allow. SVG Print lists out a summary of types
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-SVGPrintPrimer12-20070501/#color

* sRGB color
     #3b3
     #33bb33
     rgb(51, 187, 51)
     rgb(20%, 73.333%, 20%)

* ICC Colors
     names an icc profile to use, and the values to feed to it. For a
CMYK profile, there are four components.

* Named Colors.
     uses ICC named color profiles to look up colors by names.

* Device color
     device specific colors normally used for closed workflows.

Additionally, I've seen the use of flags for "registration" and
"spot" to mark a specific color as a special case.

Anything else we'll need to cover?