[CREATE] Lens correction database

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Fri Sep 7 12:37:00 PDT 2007

> I can make some of these fields public (notably the interpolated
> correction coefficients), so that if you want you may use them on your
> own. But implementing 5 distortion algorithms in every client
> application is not something I was meaning, I rather would like to see
> them in one central place where they could be optimized (maybe even
> implemented in asm for some platforms).
There are two reasons why the black box wouldn't work for Krita:
 - the blackbox works only with RGB images, that doesn't fit in Krita design
of having filters working in the current colorspace of the image
 - pixels are not stored in a big memory chunk, but in tiles (or possibely
even more sophisticated structures), while copying from thoses structures to
a big memory chunk is possible, it's defeating one of the point of having
those structures

So I think that your blackbox covers 99% of applications out there, but
unfortunately to please the remaining 1%, you will need to expose some more
functions in the public API.

--
Cyrille Berger