[CREATE] assets library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Sep 22 16:36:05 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 01:04 +0200, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Didn't we just decide that we should use the format from gimp (.gpl),
> > right? THat is what Inkscape uses too...
>
> May I point out that as far as I know .gpl are limited to RGB8bit. As the gimp
> folks don't want external projects (and there is nothing wrong with that) to
> change .gpl . So there is indeed, I believe, a need for a new format. Which
> can be derived of .gpl (and called cpl for Create PaLette (that way it would
> still be a license extension ;p ) ).
>
> And there is a page on create's wiki about this [1] which links to a page on
> scribus's wiki [2].
>
> [1] http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Swatches_-_colour_file_format
> [2] http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Colour_Requirements

Great, maybe the Scribus folks would like to upgrade this to the level
of recommendation for all free creative apps and then we can push?

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.