[CREATE] assets library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Sep 28 11:37:17 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 09:19 -0700, Jon A. Cruz wrote:
> Interesting... I see Jon's reply, but did not see Kai-Uwe's original
> mail...
>
> On Sep 28, 2007, at 1:35 AM, Jon Phillips wrote:

> >> IMO it seems a good point you make about the swatches terminology.
> >> Anyway defining the basics is a good step forward. And the first
> >> where
> >> colour.
> >>
> >> Possibly the early versions of the swatches spec can handle just
> >> colour,
> >> but with a clear proposition to be extensible later?
>
> I'd suggest strongly that good definitions of terms up front would
> really help. Also finding out what *might* be needed in the near
> future. Getting that info might allow us to bring more things in now.
>
> So we could start filling out that "swatch" is a sample/material. It
> might only be a color, but it might be more. The key here, I think,
> is that we define that we're doing a "swatch book" standard, not just
> a "a way to list a simple set of colors"
>
> <swatchBook name="fred">
>      <color name="one">
>          <label>stop 00</label>
>          <sRGB r="0" g="20" b="49" a="127"/>
>      </color>
>
>      <color name="two">
>          <label>stop 01</label>
>          <sRGB r="255" g="20" b="0" a="255"/>
>      </color>
>
>      <linearGradient name=">
>          <label>Smooth</label>
>          <stop offset="0%" color="one">
>          <stop offset="60%" color="two">
>      <l/inearGradient>
> </swatchBook>

This is totally brilliant jon...this will allow for the open swatch
book! I want to get some of these done and printed in time for the next
LGM!

> >> Thus a colour selector can pick a swatches_spec patch and look at its
> >> colour and modify it, simply passing through the other material
> >> properties. A more in depth swatch_spec renderer could show the
> >> proper result simultaneously. Ok, thats for an other specification.
>
> Right. Although I'd say that a color picker would not edit swatches
> that are more than color, but could get a base color from them (aka
> read-only).

Aha...good...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.