[CREATE] What is a "swatch" ?

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 04:34:39 PDT 2007

On 9/29/07, Jon A. Cruz <jon at joncruz.org> wrote:
> Right off hand I think of the complement to that... why does an artist need
> to store all his things in separate boxes?

To my mind, swatch means something like those books of Pantone
swatches. Flat blocks of colour (including special colours like gold,
and perhaps different finishes too) which you can use for colour
selection across different applications and media with some confidence
that the final result really will look like that.

Though perhaps I'm too bound by my (limited) experience with print.

John