[CREATE] What is a "swatch" ?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Sep 29 22:40:28 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 01:57 -0700, Jon A. Cruz wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Cyrille Berger wrote:
>
> > Anyway for Krita, it's also color, gradients and patterns (and
> > brush ?). In
> >
> > gradients we currently use the same file format as the Gimp which
> > have more
> >
> > features than SVG gradient (linear, curved, sine, sphere inc.,
> > sphere dec.
> >
> > interpolations in RGB and HSV ).
> >

> OK. I've finished researching the gimp gradient format (at least as
> far as up to version 2.2.11 of GIMP). It seems to me that SVG's
> gradients can fit nicely into a subset of GIMP's, and that I can get a
> quick XML representation of that information going.

Sweet....this is on the right track...thinking about the larger swatch
book concept (color, papers, textures, patterns, etc) but filling the
immediate need, simply, is the right path...

Liam, is there not a great standard w3c way to describe this all beyond
just xml and svg?

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.