[CREATE] Libre Graphics @ OpenExpo.ch

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Sun Dec 21 06:10:38 PST 2008

alessandro rimoldi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been asked to participate to the next openexpo.ch and we come up
> with the idea of doing a Libre Graphics booth on the 2nd of April.
>
> I will mainly represent Scribus and Paolo Donnicola will be there for
> Blender.
>

> My first question is:
>
> "Do you know of any swiss, who participates in other (not Scribus)
> Libre Graphics projects and who would be interested in attending
> OpenExpo with us?"

Hi Alessandro,

Sounds like a great idea to have a LGM booth at the OpenExpo!
Thanks for your efforts in making this happen. Looks like Bern will be
the venue this time round.

I would be very interested in participating to this effort and helping
give more visibility to the various open font community projects (which
were described/launched at the past 3 LGMs) in the Swiss community. I
suspect others participating to the fonts track may also be interested.
We could do an overview of the growing body of open fonts available, the
progress of the OpenFontLibrary, how to use/manage/design/contribute to
existing font projects with a demo of the design toolkit and so on.

Let us know how that sounds.
(BTW, I'm Swiss/French, I live in the centre of France and major Swiss
cities are not very far away...).

[...]

--
Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary