[CREATE] LGM 2009

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Jun 11 12:08:37 PDT 2008

Anders Kvist wrote:
> I vote Amsterdam, even tough I would like to visit Singapore :)
>
> A round-trip from Aalborg (Denmark) -> Singapore will cost about 1000
> EUR and Amsterdam will be around 275 EUR. The prices I found were a
> bit cheaper than what we paid for the Aalborg -> Wroclaw tickets.
>
> The price from Aalborg -> Amsterdam is no problem paying, but for
> Singapore I guess more people (myself included) will need funding to
> be able to join.

My observation (as a guaranteed non-participant, sadly) is that
it will eventually make a difference if some people always have
to travel (or rather, always have to have the expensive travel);
that point is perhaps not yet for this event but eventually
some kind of rotation will show good faith about being open to
all (applies even if some of the "always travel" people do get
funded). And the comment about coming to the US is one that
needs to be kept in mind given our unfortunate legal situation,
if indeed participants feel some of the issues may be triggered
for them.