[CREATE] LGM 2009

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Wed Jun 25 08:40:14 PDT 2008

Hi,

I forwarded this on to Ton (hopefully he'll join the list here & answer
more questions himself), and he told me:

"The subsidy request is now being finalized. Only in september or so we
hear about that, until that time you can only mention that Amsterdam (+
Blender) have the option to organize it, but nothing is final...

BTW: good news is that the city treats it very seriously... they want to
create buzz by allowing good budgets for important speakers. They also
suggested to add a session on open source in general for the press, and
have Neelie Kroes do an keynote about open standards!"

I'd support an Amsterdam bid, even in the absence of a subsidy, but Ton
has said he'd be spread pretty thin unless there were a subsidy which
would allow him to take on a part-time administrative assistant to do
the work for us.

Cheers,
Dave.