[CREATE] lensfun plugin for digikam

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sun Mar 9 01:18:51 PST 2008

Hi all,

Sorry for crossposing about 3 lists, but I think it might be needed to
connect the people with the relevant expertise.

Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> this is just to inform you that digiKam KDE4 version has implemented a plugin using lensfun.
> It works nicely (of course).

Great news!

> The main thing missing from our point of view is calibration data, there are just too few lenses and cameras in the DB.
> I know there are plans for a calibration procedure on your side. How far are hey evolved?
>
> I'm sure that the digiKam users would be happy contributors to the database.

Maybe somebody on hugin-ptx can help out the lensfun guys with instructions
on how hugin can be used to create suitable distortion profiles? Basically,
either follow the PTLens instructions, or stitch a panorama (might need a
bit more care to get good results).

I also hope that we get a lens database GSOC project rolling, which should
basically update the lens database as soon as people start stitching
panoramas shot with their new cameras.

ciao
   Pablo