[CREATE] Color palettes specification

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Mar 11 08:21:05 PDT 2008

Am 11.03.08, 15:45 +0100 schrieb Cyrille Berger:

> > > Well I have allready started to use it in Krita for serializing colors
> > > (Krita can't read palettes using the spec). The spec is quiet not verbose
> > > enough, but at least it's final (for it's first version). But it's more a
> > > subject for a Create meeting I guess.
> >
> > The Oyranos NamedColour relies on XYZ and arbitrary (up to 16) channels.
> XYZ is possible. What are in the 16 channels, is it spectral color space ?

It is not yet much deployed. But spot colouring will easily fill 8
colours. Some inkjets go similiar. Further developing a scheme for
various extra channel types like alpha, UV could be part of the project.

> > It would be cool to extend to HDR and explore on according rendering
> > intents. Krita could then exchange real HDR values and other applications
> > still should see a LDR representation, possibly derived from the monitor
> > representation.
> I am still trying to think how exchanging HDR values is interesting :/ Or even
> how saving them in a palette could be interesting. At least, it doesn't fit
> in how drawing/painting in HDR is implemented in Krita.

I would be happy to read we are continuing in preparing basic facilities,
which are not yet known, by us, in how to use or how to deploy.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management