[CREATE] Pitching a community-funded conference

Joao S. O. Bueno gwidion at mpc.com.br
Thu Mar 13 17:22:26 PDT 2008

On Thu 13 Mar 2008 12:47:39 Dave Neary wrote:
> See my mail to Jon earlier - we have 2 things, basic costs (which are
> more than covered with the $13,000) and travel costs, which were 80% of
> the budget in 2006, and probably more last year.
>
> How much do you want to spend on people's air fares to Poland?

That's about US$4.000,00 per sponsor...
I don't want to downplay the work of the people who got the sponsorships - but
having Google to dispay its logo proeminently in all LGM's material should
cost more than travel expenses for a single overseas attendant. (for example.
The same is valid for other high-profile sponsors, of course)

Again - I am not condemining Kamila's or anyone's else work. I am just sad for
the greed of the big players.

   js
  -><-